Broccoli Cheddar Mini Frittatas
Not only are these broccoli cheddar mini frittatas healthy and delicious, but they can really save you a load of time, especially during a week that is a little crazy. We all have those weeks:)
How? Well, they are quick to whip up, store in the fridge well for a few days and in the freezer for about a month. They are tasty cold or reheated and can be eaten for pretty much any meal of the day. Literally grab and eat or grab and go.
The ingredients are simple. Things you probably already have on hand and even if you don’t, swapping out one ingredient, or two, for something you do have on hand just makes it that much more interesting. Perfect for using up leftovers in the fridge!
Simply prep and gather all the ingredients and then whisk the eggs and salt. This recipe is really easy to double or tripe, because you mix the eggs separately from all the add-ins. So take advantage of how every many standard size muffin pans you have and freeze a batch for later.
- After whisking the eggs and salt, evenly divide the egg mixture among the 12 muffin cups (if you are making a single batch).
- Then equally divide the shredded cheddar, simply dropping it on top of the egg mixture in the muffin cup.
- Followed by the chopped cooked bacon, again simply dropping it on top of the egg mixture.
- And finally the broccoli, then give each muffin cup a little stir with your finger and pop it in the preheated oven.
Let the mini frittatas cool for about 10 minutes and then run a knife around the inside edge of each cup and pop out the frittata. Transfer them to a cooling rack and let cool completely. The frittatas can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days for quick breakfasts (they make great breakfast sandwiches), lunches or light dinners (just add some veggies and dip or a salad).
Mini frittatas freeze very well. After cooling, place them in a single layer in an airtight container or zip lock bag and freeze for up to a 1 month. This is really handy for school and work lunches. Just place one or two in an airtight container in the fridge overnight to thaw and pack them in a lunch bag along with a cooler pack in the morning and go.
- olive oil
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 6 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Gather ingredients and tools
- Prep ingredients - shred cheese, chop broccoli and cooked bacon strips.
- Using a pastry brush or paper towel, oil a standard 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs with salt.
- Divide egg mixture evenly among muffin cups (a little less than 1/4 cup per).
- Add cheese, broccoli and bacon to egg mixture, dividing equally among the 12 cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until set.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the inside edge of each muffin cup, popping out each frittata. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Standard 12 cup muffin pan
small bowls for prepped ingredients