I have been making this meatball recipe for as long as I can remember. I love it because it truly is a classic. These meatballs are perfect for spaghetti and meatballs, great in a number of different sauces and stews and delicious eaten on their own (just ask all those sneaky fingers that steel them off the pan). In fact I have, on many occasions, made these meatballs just to have them in the fridge because everyone in the family likes to snack on them. They also make their way into lunches for school and work. They freeze well too, so I always make a double batch.
For spaghetti and meatballs I use this Classic Tomato Sauce recipe.
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I use whole wheat bread crumbs)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- In a medium bowl add bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper and mix well.
- In a large bowl add ground beef, eggs and bread crumb mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Using your hands, shape meat mixture into 1/2 meatballs.
- Transfer meatballs to prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes (or until cooked through).
- Set aside to cool.
- To freeze place cooked meatballs in a air tight container or freezer bag.
- Meatballs can be frozen for up to 3 months.