Lunchtime Round Up | Lunching Outside
This weekend is the official start to cottage season, here in Canada, and I am looking forward to spending some afternoons relaxing on the dock with family and friends. At our cottage, the dock is where all the action is, so lunching outside is the norm. Taking lunch and snacks down to the dock is a lot easier, after all, then trying to convince a bunch of kids to get out of the water and head up to the cottage. The cottage is also a place where we often have friends drop by for cocktails, so I am always looking for items to make carting food and drink outside easier.
1. I love these bright colored nesting baskets for things like chips, crackers, popcorn & nuts. I just line the basket with a napkin for easy clean up.
2. These stacking acrylic glasses are so versatile. I have (what was) a set very similar to these at the cottage and will definitely be replacing them with these ones. I can use them for wine, beer, cocktails, sundaes…the list goes on. And with storage space at a premium at the cottage, the versatility and stack-ability is perfect.
3. As wonderful as this bamboo prep set is for the kitchen, I think it would be perfect for carrying lunch, snacks or appetizers down to the dock (or backyard). Cut up fruits and veggies, dips, nuts, olives in the trays. Sandwiches or a cheese tray on the cutting board. Then stack them and off I go.
4. I already own these cloth napkins. I love that they are miss matched, that they are fun bright stripes and the stitching detail along the edge. Perfect for lining those baskets with too.
5. Trays are essential for carrying lunch, snacks and cocktails down to the dock. I like that this one is wood and I think green is perfect for summer.
6. Whether it’s water, lemonade or cocktails, a beverage dispenser means less trips back and forth between the cottage and the dock.
Here’s to cottage season and the many days ahead for lunching outside!