These Chicken Sliders are the perfect size for kids. They make great finger food, when eaten on their own, or cute little burgers when served on a bun or slice of baguette. But these are not just for little kids. Sliders are fun for the whole family and with barbecue season upon us, I know we will be grilling them up often.
One of the reasons I love this recipe so much, is that it is so versatile. First of all, it makes a good amount, which allows me to either serve a larger group or have leftovers and I love leftovers. Secondly, I can make whatever combination I want of burgers, sliders or meatballs. And that saves me time in the kitchen.
Usually when I make this recipe I make 6 burgers out of half of the meat mixture, which we have for dinner. Then I make about 10 sliders out of the other half. These we have for lunch. Lunch for the little ones, school lunches and lunch for my husband to take to work. And with tween/teens in the house, they often just get eaten right out of the fridge for a quick snack.
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs (900g) ground chicken
- In a small bowl add bread crumbs, parsley, salt, paprika, garlic powder, cumin and cayenne pepper and mix well.
- Place chicken in a large bowl and sprinkle seasoning mixture over top and mix until just combined.
- Use about 2 tablespoons of meat mixture per slider, rolling it into a ball and then flattening it slightly.
- Grill over medium heat, on a greased grill, until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.